Canon Europe, world leader in imaging solutions, demonstrated an exceptional application of its XEED projector range at Integrated Systems Europe 2015, in cooperation with us.
"The Colour Zone" was one of several zones on the Canon stand at ISE designed to demonstrate the merits of Canon’s projector technology. It was a 180 degree panoramic projection booth, designed by us using Canon’s XEED WUX400ST projectors. The custom Curve projection screen is a specially designed elliptical projection screen, designed to match the peripheral vision of the human eye. The result was an immersive panoramic projection of around 11 x 2 metres. In order to create a more immersive experience of space, even the floor is brought to life with the projectors. Four more Canon XEED WUX400ST short throw projectors illuminated the floor area of about 6 x 4 metres.
The installation was made possible by Canon’s unique lens technology, which allows a projection ratio of 0.57:1, creating a large projected image from a short distance, with minimal distortion and optimal colour and contrast. The absence of distortion at the edges of the projected image makes it easy to blend several projected images together seamlessly, resulting in a total image size of roughly 7200 x 1200 pixels.
Specially filmed footage from the Stiegl brewery in Austria was processed by us and was streamed to each of the eight Canon projectors in native WUXGA resolution using dual Wings Engine Stage Quad media servers, creating a seamless visual experience for visitors to the Canon stand.
Details to the"Colour Realism" room installation
- • 8 x Canon XEED WUX400ST short throw projectors with 4,000 ANSI lumens and WUXGA resolution www.canon-europe.com/xeed
- • 1 x Curve Screen, 11x2m approx 6x4m elliptical base
- • 2x Wings Engine Stage Quad Media server
- • Content www.stiegl.at/de/brauwelt sequences from the Stiegl Brewery cinema http://www.stiegl.at/de/brauwelt
- • AV producer of Stiegl Brewery cinema www.scenomedia.at http://www.scenomedia.at